Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Time: 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour
The global pandemic exposed vulnerabilities both in the process of preparing a product for manufacturing and the global supply chains that support Aerospace and Defense manufacturers. Organizations need to rethink their processes and realign their supply base to counter vulnerabilities the pandemic exposed, as well as to improve efficiency in product development.
This webinar will provide an overview of the changing needs in creating A&D product designs optimized to meet mission and manufacturing requirements, including:
- State of the A&D industry – increased spending, growing worldwide tensions
- Impact of changing demographics
- Insights into evolution of tools for Design for Manufacturing
- The impact of the pandemic and what issues it caused or revealed
- A review of the standard design-and-release process as of 2020
- Issues with today’s process, before and after the Pandemic
- Process speed, avoiding unnecessary prototyping
- Knowledge capture and reuse – DFMPro acting as a digital assistant for new employees
- Virtual collaboration between design, manufacturing and suppliers
Head Products and Technologies
HCL Technologies Ltd.
Nambi has over 20 years experience in Product Development and Systems across industries in engineering value chain, handling large portfolios with P&L and client success, and people management responsibilities. His focus areas include defining and delivering value for clients in outsourcing engagements, that addresses product development challenges for clients. Has proven track record in leading growth and transformation initiatives focused on delivering business unit/vertical objectives and bottom line results in respective lines of business.
Senior Technical Editor
Bruce Morey is the Senior Technical Editor for Manufacturing Engineering magazine.
Program Management Director
HCL Technologies Ltd
Prashant is responsible for design and manufacturing practice at HCL. He has more than 17 years of industry experience in business strategy, product development, product marketing and business development. He is a mechanical engineer and holds a Master’s degree in operations and marketing management. He holds a six sigma green belt and has worked on multiple engineering projects in the area of process improvement. He holds a wide experience of working with diverse industries like consumer electronics, energy and industrial equipment sector.